Casato Prime Donne – Donatella Cinelli Colombini
Località Casato, 17 53024 Montalcino (SI)
Phone + 39 0577 849421
Casato Prime Donne is the first winery in Italy to be all female staffed: the Brunello wine tours are unique such as the itinerant ‘Wine and music tasting’ or the ‘History and wine tastings’.
The guide tells the tourists the secrets of Donatella Cinelli Colombini’s Brunello together with the fascinating legends such as the miracle that saved Montalcino during the 16th century assaults and the birth of Brunello in the 19th century. In the vineyards surrounding the winery there is a hiking trail enriched by contemporary works of art and sentences dictated by the winners of the Casato Prime Donne Award. The Brunello is vinified in 8 small truncated-cone shaped bare concrete vats, reproducing, in a modern way, the system used in cellars from Roman times onwards. A production area with an artistic imprint: for three minutes real and painted images of Montalcino get screened on the vats while sounds and music help visitors understand the real identity of the Brunello people.
Services for cycle tourism:
- Free provision of water and access to rest rooms;
- Equipment to inflate the bicycle wheels;
- Electric bicycles and electronic equipment charging point;
- Universal adaptor for smartphones;
- Free wifi access;
- Up-to-date list of available bike repair shops nearby;
- Info corner about the winery and the territory;